The Foundation for the Advancement of Health Education (FAHE) offers this $1500 scholarship to recognize doctoral students for their
- academic achievement,
- potential for advancing the health of children and youth, and
- professional goals in health education and promotion.
The award is designed to assist a health education doctoral student in the investigation of issues related to children and youth. The Oberteuffer Scholarship is open to doctoral level students who are currently enrolled in a health education program in the United States or a U.S. territory. Applicants must demonstrate six (6) completed credit hours in their program of study. All applicants are evaluated on the caliber of submitted documents.
The award is presented annually during the Society for Public Health Education Annual Conference. Although the successful award winner is encouraged to attend the conference, they are not required to do so to accept the award.
Provide the following information in your application:
- Two letters of recommendation – one of which must be from a faculty member who verifies the completion of 6 hours within the program and your current GPA.
- A personal essay in which you describe:
- your previous or current activities related to health education/promotion,
- your professional goals in health education and promotion, and
- how your current or future activities are likely to advance the health of children and youth.
Submit your nomination for the Dr. Delbert Oberteuffer Scholarship
by completing the form below.
Deadline to apply for this scholarship is November 30, 2023