The Foundation for the Advancement of Health Education (FAHE) Board of Directors continues to maintain a scholarship in the name of Dr. Mary K. Beyrer. This $1,000 scholarship is presented annually.
The award is presented annually during the Society for Public Health Education Annual Conference. Although the successful award winner is encouraged to attend the conference, they are not required to do so to accept the award.
Criteria for this scholarship are listed below and will be demonstrated by applicants completing and forwarding an application. All applicants will be evaluated based upon the caliber of their submitted documentation.
- Minimum 3.5 GPA
- Major in Health Education: Community, School, or Public Health Education
- Master’s Degree or Doctoral Level Graduate Student
- Demonstration of professional activity through attendance at professional meetings, service, advocacy or organizational memberships related to health education
- Essay addressing future educational and professional plans as well as a discussion of financial need. Your essay should also provide information about professional meetings you have attended and your service, advocacy, and organizational memberships related to health education
- Two letters of recommendation – at least one of which must be from a faculty member who verifies your student status and current GPA for items 1-3 above
Submit your nomination for the Dr. Mary K. Beyrer Graduate Student Scholarship
by completing the form below.
Deadline to apply for this scholarship is November 30, 2023